Pretty good article with tips on how to ask questions effectively. Nothing ground breaking but good refreshers. Though, it missed an important tip: active listening. At a glance summary below:
- Don’t ramble on–terminate the sentence at the question mark.
- Get comfortable with silence.
- Start with “who, what, when, where, how, or why” for more meaningful answers.
- Don’t fish for the answer you want.
- Stop nodding if you don’t understand–ask a follow-up instead.
- If you get a non-answer, approach it again from a different angle.
- Rephrase the answer in your own words.
- Don’t be afraid to ask dumb questions.